The PRT certification training takes place virtually over the course of four weeks.
Each Monday, trainees are given access to a two – three hour video training to work through on their own schedules. This is followed by a live training each Sunday from 9:00am – 12:00pm Pacific time. These live, interactive trainings allow clinicians to practice integrating and applying the techniques learned throughout the previous week’s lesson.
The training is 21 hours in total, and 12 CEs are offered to psychologists, MSWs and MFTs for the 12 live contact hours. Upon completion of the training, all certified physicians and psychotherapists are eligible to be listed on our Directory of Practitioners for visibility and referrals.
The training covers the following topics:
- The neuroscience behind chronic pain.
- Helping patients debunk the structural diagnosis and accept a mind-body explanation.
- Breaking the pain-fear cycle.
- Somatic Tracking – a guided exercise combining mindfulness, safety reappraisal, and positive affect induction.
- The Process – a formula to determine when and how to use various pain-reducing techniques.
- Overcoming extinction bursts and other setbacks.
- Addressing other psychological factors that contribute to an overall sense of danger.
- Applying a universally applicable formula to overcome any fear-inducing stimuli.
- Developing a toolkit for maintenance and relapse prevention.